Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

One Year Adventure Novel

Has anyone out there heard of the One Year Adventure Novel program? Basically, you write one novel in a year. If you go to the website, oneyearnovel.com , and click on Student Novels Showcase, they have a bunch of stories from the kids who wrote them. The stories are pretty good. So far, I've read two. My favorite one was I Now Pronounce You Dead. It's a great mystery about a girl whose family runs a wedding service. When the bride is murdered at a wedding - in their own backyard - she decides to find out solve the mystery. It's really good! The guy who designed the curriculum also has a second curriculum called Other Worlds, which is designed specially for if you want to write sci fi or fantasy.

Just thought I'd mention it!

4 comments:

  1. I can't WAIT to do that next year!
    My favorites were:

    Raven,
    RavenHollow,
    and, my vary favorite:

    A Kitt's Tale.

    Have you read any of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, no,
    It's called

    Kytt's Tale

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also reading one called Forgiven, and am liking it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why am I not at all surprised you like those?

    ReplyDelete