Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

I would say Misc, but that's all my posts ever are...

I'm sort of in the writing doldrums right now. I can't do any thinking about my writing because I'm bored with all my ideas. I finished one story and went to work on another, and now I'm incredibly bored with it. I do next to no writing, aside from blogging. My sci fi needs more of an idea before I start working on the outline. I'm bored with everything else I'm writing. I don't want to start any new files on my laptop because I've already got enough. My writing has come to resemble the Lathargian's schedule, pretty much. (If you don't get it, read The Phantom Tollbooth. It's a book for younger ages, but still worth reading. In it, the doldrums are a place where you are forbidden to think, and the Lathargians are the creatures that live in them. Their schedule is lying around and doing nothing. You have to read the book, though.) I guess you could call it writer's block.





I'll have to see if there's a way I can get rid of it, aside from staring at a blank piece of paper. Maybe I just need to take a break from fantasy. That might help, if I get a good idea. Maybe I should just do some serious reading, see if I can unearth a new idea.





Well, anyway, my book life has consisted of mostly reading for the last couple days. I haven't been reading much new, except for Auralia's Colors. I've been reading The Tempest and Romeo and Juliet, too. Well, I finished them both, so I reread them. I also read Prisoners of Hope. It's about two women who were doing mission's work in Afghanistan during the reign of the Taliban, and how they were imprisoned for telling people about God.




Watched The Voyage of the Dawn Treader last night, finally. I didn't like the book that much, but the movie was an improvement. They didn't stick to the original story very well. Eustace doesn't get turned back into a human until the climax, and they had to sail into dark island to get the seventh sword. The part when Edmund accidentally turned a sea serpent on everyone seemed kind of dumb to me. And the part at the end where Aunt Alberta yells for Eustace because Jill Pole was visiting didn't fit in with the books at all. According to the books, he didn't have any friends at all until after Narnia. ("His parents called him Eustace Clarence and teachers called him Scrub. I can't tell you what his friends though of him, for he had none." If you recite that part just right, it makes people laugh seriously hard.) I liked the movie, still.


Bye for now. Happy Easter!

1 comment: