Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

More Writing Quotes

Okay, after posting that quote this morning, I decided to find some more quotes about writing! (Your quote, by the way, gave me the idea, Sprinkles.) Hope these make someone either smile or learn something.

I try to leave out the parts that people skip. ~Elmore Leonard

If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it. ~Toni Morrison

So very true. That is, I believe, one of the reasons I write.

When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen. But if you have not a pen, I suppose you must scratch any way you can. ~Samuel Lover, Handy Andy, 1842

A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the other one. ~Baltasar Gracián

The best time for planning a book is while you're doing the dishes. ~Agatha Christie

An old racetrack joke reminds you that your program contains all the winners' names. I stare at my typewriter keys with the same thought. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960



The land of literature is a fairy land to those who view it at a distance, but, like all other landscapes, the charm fades on a nearer approach, and the thorns and briars become visible.
~Washington Irving

The pen is mighter than the sword. But a well aimed typewriter can also do the trick. - I have no idea who said this, though thanks to Sprinkles for telling me about it!

2 comments: